There is no doubt that COVID-19 has changed our lives in ways we never expected. Making sure that I can provide a clean, safe space for your baby is more important now than ever before. While we still don’t know what our “new normal” will look like, I am putting extra measures in place on top of what we already do to sanitize the studio for our littlest clients and their families.
Please know that I am taking this virus very seriously, as my job requires me to work with babies that have very delicate immune systems. I also have two children at home, one who is under a year old, and I am doing everything I can to prevent bringing any germs home to them.
Your baby’s safety has always been and continues to be my number one concern. While studio cleanliness has always been a priority, I will be taking extra steps for your health as well as my own. Below you will find an updated list of precautions and studio policies that will be in place as we move forward.
BEFORE YOUR SESSION:
- Prior to booking, you will be asked to sign a liability release form alongside your regular portrait session contract.
- If anyone in your household is feeling sick or has a fever 14 days prior to your session, we will need to reschedule.
- Likewise, if I or someone in my household become sick I will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule.
You can find the CDC’s full list of COVID-19 symptoms here:
STUDIO CLEANING & SAFETY:
- Frequent mopping with a disinfectant cleaner.
- All surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant wipes, including door handles.
- Washing and/or sanitizing of all blankets and props after each session.
- UV sterilization of small props like headbands. (COMING SOON)
- Until further notice, only one studio portrait session will be scheduled per day.
- I will not be wearing shoes in the shooting area of the studio.
- I am up to date with vaccinations including flu and TDap.
DURING YOUR SESSION:
- Upon entry to the studio, you will be invited to wash or sanitize your hands (hand sanitizer and/or hand wipes will be available).
- A small UV sanitizer will be available for you to sanitize small items like pacifiers.
- Only immediate family from the same household will be able to attend sessions. (Parents/guardians and siblings.) If siblings are not included in any portraits, I ask that you please make alternate arrangements for them so that we can minimize exposure.
- Due to current occupancy limits, NO MORE THAN 4 family members (including baby) can be in the studio at any time.
- Face masks are not necessary but, pending availability, I may have them available in studio for you to use upon request.
- I will be wearing a mask during newborn sessions for the foreseeable future.
- While it won’t be possible for me to interact with your little one and get smiles while wearing a mask during a milestone session, I will wear one if you prefer that I do so.
- At this time I will be using a hands-off approach to milestone sessions, so I will rely on parents to pose and help keep baby in place.
- I will sanitize my hands before, during, and after your session.
You can find the CDC guidelines on how to protect yourself here:
**UPDATED JULY 6TH**
The City of Myrtle Beach now requires masks to be worn inside of businesses through Labor Day.
I will be wearing a mask during all consultations and studio photo sessions. Parents may remove their masks in studio while being photographed, when helping make baby smile and while social distancing during newborn sessions.
Here is a timeline of when various session types will be available. (Updated May 13th)
- Newborns: Limited sessions available starting May 18th.
- Milestones: Limited studio sessions will be available starting May 12th.
- Maternity: Now accepting maternity session bookings for July and beyond.
- Bridal/Engagement: These sessions are only available for my current wedding couples and will be scheduled on location with social distancing in mind.
- Pets: Limited studio sessions will be available for the Everyday Mini Session only. Once it can be deemed safe to have multiple clients in my studio within the same day, the next pet event will be scheduled.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me via email or Facebook. Thank you for your understanding and for helping me keep my studio a safe place for my littlest clients as well as myself.
We are all in this together.