– Updated February 10, 2021 –
There is no doubt that COVID-19 has changed our lives in ways we never expected. Making sure that I can provide a clean, safe space for your baby is more important now than ever before. While we still don’t know what our “new normal” will look like, I am putting extra measures in place on top of what we already do to sanitize the studio for our littlest clients and their families.
Please know that I am taking this virus very seriously, as my job requires me to work with babies that have very delicate immune systems. I also have two children at home myself and I am doing everything I can to prevent bringing any germs home to them.
Your baby’s safety has always been and continues to be my number one concern. While studio cleanliness has always been a priority, I will be taking extra steps for your health as well as my own. Below you will find an updated list of precautions and studio policies that will be in place as we move forward.
Before Your Session
- If anyone in your household is feeling sick or has a fever 14 days prior to your session, we will need to reschedule.
- Likewise, if I or someone in my household become sick I will contact you as soon as possible to reschedule.
- At this time we are asking that only members of your household that will be photographed attend the session. Please reach out to me in advance if you would like to bring a Grandparent or other family member to help assist you with baby.
You can find the CDC’s full list of COVID-19 symptoms here:
Studio Cleaning & Safety
- Frequent mopping with a disinfectant cleaner.
- All surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant wipes, including door handles.
- Washing and/or sanitizing of all blankets and props after each session.
- UV sterilization of small props like headbands.
- I am only scheduling up to 2 sessions per day (1 per day for full newborn sessions). Sessions will be scheduled so that there are 2 hours in between clients to allow time for proper cleaning and sanitizing.
- I will not be wearing shoes in the shooting area of the studio.
- I am up to date with vaccinations including flu and TDap.
During Your Session
- Hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing hand wipes will be available for your use at various spots throughout the studio.
- Only immediate family from the same household will be able to attend sessions. (Parents/guardians and siblings.) If siblings are not included in any portraits, I ask that you please make alternate arrangements for them so that we can minimize exposure.
- I will be wearing a mask during newborn sessions for the foreseeable future.
- At this time I will be using a mostly hands-off approach to milestone sessions, so I will rely on parents to pose and help keep baby in place.
- I will sanitize my hands before and after your session, as well as multiple times during a newborn session.
**Important Notice Regarding Face Masks
The City of Myrtle Beach currently requires face masks to be worn inside of all businesses.
I will be wearing a mask during all consultations and studio photo sessions. Parents may remove their masks in studio while being photographed, when helping make baby smile, and while social distancing during newborn sessions.
You can find the CDC guidelines on how to protect yourself here:
Here is a timeline of when various session types will be available.
- Newborns: Limited sessions available.
- Milestones: Limited sessions available.
- Maternity: Now accepting maternity sessions both in-studio and on location. (Available only as an add-on to a newborn collection.)
- Bridal/Engagement: These sessions are only available for my current wedding couples and are done on location.
- Weddings: Now booking for 2021 & 2022.
- Pets: Once it can be deemed safe to have multiple clients in my studio within the same day, the next pet event will be scheduled. Everyday Mini Sessions are not yet available.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me via email or Facebook. Thank you for your understanding and for helping me keep my studio a safe place for my littlest clients as well as myself.
We are all in this together.