Wachesaw Plantation is on my list as one of the best wedding venues in Myrtle Beach & the Grand Strand. Kimbels at Wachesaw Plantation Club is located on a gorgeous bluff in Murrells Inlet overlooking the Waccamaw River.
Wachesaw Plantation is without a doubt one of my favorite venues to photograph at. The sunsets over the water here are some of the most incredible I’ve ever seen. When the light is just right it lights up the entire waterway with bold, brilliant color.
Key venue features:
- There are some really beautiful cottages available for rent within walking distance of the venue, perfect for getting ready in.
- Host your ceremony and reception all in one place! Guests can also enjoy cocktail hour on the patio overlooking the water while you take photographs.
- Looking for a place to do your bridal or engagement session? We can do it right at Wachesaw! There is no fee for couples who are hosting their wedding at this venue.
- The bluff overlooking the Waccamaw River is absolutely beautiful, especially at sunset. There is really never a bad time of day for photos here!
- The infamous “Alley of Oaks” is a quick drive up the road.
Helpful tips & info:
- If you’d like to have photos taken at the alley of oaks we will need to add travel time into your timeline. It’s a quick drive to the area from the clubhouse, but we’ll need to buffer in about 20 minutes to get there and back on top of the time we’ll spend taking photos. Because of the thick layer of tree cover, this location is best for mid-day photos, not sunset.
Featured blog stories from this location:
Stephanie & David
The sun was shining, the bridal party was relaxed, Dad shed a few tears when he saw his little girl for the first time and every detail was absolutely perfect.
Cristin & Jamie
This couples engagement session got rained out and our portrait time on their wedding day was cut short. To make up for it we decided to do a newlywed session!