Atalaya Castle is on my list as one of the best wedding venues in Myrtle Beach & the Grand Strand. Located in Murrells Inlet, this Moorish-style castle is the perfect setting for a garden wedding, while still embracing the gorgeous sandy beaches of the South Carolina coast.
Key venue features:
- Have your ceremony on the beach or in the courtyard at Atalaya. You can also use a covered area inside the castle for your ceremony in the event of rain.
- Looking for a place to do your bridal or engagement session? We can do it right at the state park! No reservations required.
- There are so many gorgeous spots for photos! The walls of the castle make for gorgeous backgrounds and the greenery is so lush.
- The beach at Huntington is my favorite because the sunsets are incredible and it is such a wide-open stretch of beach when the tide is out.
Helpful tips & info:
- Get a tent for your reception just in case! The courtyard is uncovered, so if it rains there isn’t anywhere else to go.
- There is no bridal suite so you’ll need to make separate plans for where you and your wedding party will be getting ready.
- The castle is open to the public until 5:00pm.
Featured blog stories from this location:
Zac & Shane
Soulmates. Best friends. On a perfect summer day, two amazing people made a promise of forever in the courtyard of Atalaya Castle
Emily & Tommy
When life gives you a tropical storm on the day of your beach wedding, you get out there and make the most epic wedding day photos ever!
Share this post to: